September 20, 2011

frío en la paz

I got everything sorted out and have made it to the capital of Bolivia in one piece! Barely though, the turbulence coming into La Paz was out of control. My flying anxiety only has gotten worse the more I travel. It is 5°C at the moment since the city is around 3,200 meters above sea level, so the alpaca scarf I bought in Cocha is finally getting some use out of it!  It is unreal how much I am feeling the effects of the altitude already; I legitimately ran out of breath walking up a small ramp in the airport.  As Paloma knows from our adventures in Salta and Jujuy, I don’t exactly handle altitude change well.  And by that, I mean not at all.  This is going to be fun.  Tomorrow I head to Copacabana, right on the southern shore of Lake Titicaca (hehehe), and I’ll be there until Saturday.  Hopefully by the time I get there I will be mature enough to hold back my laughter every time I hear someone say that word.  Doubtful.

Chau,
audgentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment