August 31, 2011

una mochila de cuero

Lots of highs to one big fat low. That pretty much sums up this past week.

Thursday was Lale’s birthday, so naturally we all headed to El Alamo for some Argentine debauchery. (There wasn’t even a line outside…my generous gift to Sr. Rodriguez.) Lots of Fernet, questionable Alamo draft, and countless que los cumplas feliz’s.

Friday night we were still nursing our resacas, so Fran, Sole, Lale, Vale, and I went to Noe’s for an easy night of pizza, Fernet, and juegos de mesa…until 4:30AM. I love Argentina. I also love the charades version of Sexonary. I definitely increased my…adult…vocabulary.

I could go chronologically and talk about what we did Saturday—Lidi, Lu, Rochi, and I went to a previa with un montón de Fernet followed by a boliche, standard Saturday night in BA—but you already know how that story goes. I’m going to move on to my HIGH of the weekend/week/month/year/life: on Sunday I went to San Telmo and finally found a leather backpack! I have been searching for the ultimate mochila de cuero basically since I got to BA and I finally found one that is bien hecho (a rarity in Argentina). I am so in love with it (and how I look when I wear it) that this past week I have started aimlessly marching around the city just so I can be seen wearing it.

Sunday night I went to Paula’s house with Sofi, where she made us arepa and salsa, a typical Colombian dish. Accompanied with Sofi’s maté, it was quite the merienda panamericana! Next time, I’m bringing macaroni and cheese to represent my portion of the Pan-American spectrum.

In recent news, Silvia is officially an abuela! Her oldest daughter just had her first child, a baby boy named Milo. I have yet to meet the little nub but according to Silvz he looks like Mr. Goo.


As of right now, I have been rolled up in a ball all day combating an epic case of intoxicación alimentaria. I will spare you all the details, but let’s just say that it will be a while before I go back to Barrio Chino to get sushi. Ouch.

Chau,
audgentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment